Deki Copywriting/ Profile Writing Intern
Are you a bright, enthusiastic and driven student or graduate looking to get experience in copywriting? If so, Deki has the opportunity for you!
Position: Copywriting Internship at International Development Charity
Duration: 3+ months
Part-time: 2-5 days a week
Bristol-based charity Deki is a microfinance charity that empowers African entrepreneurs to work their way out of poverty by providing life changing loans and business training. Deki lenders can make loans from as little as £10 via our crowdfunding website, and 100% of all money lent goes directly to the chosen entrepreneur - lenders are paid back over the next 12 months.
What are we looking for? Our ideal candidate is reliable, independent, highly motivated and creative, they will be able to think ‘outside the box’ and show a passion for writing content that will be displayed on our website.
What your role will include:
- Using the Deki ‘backend’ website
- Writing profiles for Deki entrepreneurs from 6 countries
- Uploading pictures to profiles and uploading profiles to our website
- Making each profile unique –profiles enable people to get funded and improve their lives so each one is important!
- It also involves doing a little research into traditional African goods, food and clothing, do you know what a kitenge is? You will soon!
The role is designed to provide a rewarding opportunity for anyone who is interested in gaining valuable experience and new skills to get into paid marketing or charity work. The ideal candidate will be available 2-5 days a week for a minimum of 3 months; however we can be flexible with regard to hours/days worked.
What we offer:
• An opportunity to be part of an exciting, fast growing charity
• Valuable professional experience and the opportunities for growth and development
• The opportunity to make yourself more desirable to future employers
• To be part of a diverse and proactive team
• Reference upon leaving
• Daily expenses to cover lunch and travel
Start date: as soon as possible.
To apply, email email@example.com with your CV and cover letter.