Deki Copywriting/ Profile Writing Intern
Duration: 3 months minimum to long term commitment
Part-time: 4 hours or more per week (flexible within the working week)
Are you someone who is passionate about making a difference with time to spare on a weekly basis? If so Deki has a great opportunity for you!
Deki is a Bristol-based microfinance charity that empowers African entrepreneurs to work their way out of poverty by providing life-changing loans of between £30 and £500. Supporters can make loans from as little as £10 via our crowdfunding website deki.org.uk.
Every week Deki has 100’s of entrepreneurs who are awaiting funding of small loans. Their details are sent over by our in-country Field Partners and need to be crafted into a story to help them secure their funding. Volunteers edit the details and transform the information into engaging short stories to be displayed on our website.
If you are computer literate with an eye for detail, a story to tell, and motived to do good please get in touch.
What your role will include:
- Using the Dekiwebsite
- Writing and editing profiles for Deki entrepreneurs from 6 African countries
- Uploading pictures to profiles
- Making each profile unique – profiles enable people to get funded and improve their lives so each one is important
- Doing a little research into traditional African goods, food and clothing, planting & harvesting seasons etc. Do you know what a kitenge is? You are about to learn.
This role provides a rewarding opportunity for anyone who is interested in gaining office experience, getting back into work or just wants to give back. This is a voluntary position and we are looking for people who will be able to commit to coming into the office for a few hours each week.
What we offer:
• On the job training
• An opportunity to be part of an exciting, fast growing charity
• Professional experience and the opportunity to learn more about microfinance
• The chance to become part of a small and friendly team and meet other volunteers
• Reference upon leaving
• Daily expenses to cover lunch and travel (depending on hours worked)
Start date: as soon as possible.
To apply, email email@example.com with your CV and cover letter