International Programmes Volunteer
Are you a bright, enthusiastic and driven student or graduate looking to get experience in the international sector? If so, Deki has the opportunity for you!
Position: International Programmes Volunteer
Duration: 3+ months
Part-time: 2 half days a week
Bristol-based charity Deki is a microfinance charity that empowers African entrepreneurs to work their way out of poverty by providing life changing loans and business training. Deki lenders can make loans from as little as £10 via our crowdfunding website, and 100% of all money lent goes directly to the chosen entrepreneur - lenders are paid back over the next 12 months.
What are we looking for? Our ideal candidate is reliable, independent, highly motivated and creative, they will be able to think ‘outside the box’ and be able to work with our Field partners in Tanzania, Togo, Ghana, South Africa, Malawi, Uganda, and South Sudan.
What your role will include:
- Production of stats and metrics
- Engagement with and follow-up with Field Partners in Africa
- Producing reports on Field Partner activities
- Support with production and dissemination of committee papers.
- Working directly with Director of International Programs.
The role is designed to provide a rewarding opportunity for anyone who is interested in gaining valuable experience and new skills to get into paid international work or charity work. We can be flexible with regard to hours/days worked.
What we offer:
- An opportunity to be part of an exciting, fast growing charity
- Valuable professional experience and the opportunities for growth and development
- The opportunity to make yourself more desirable to future employers
- To be part of a diverse and proactive team
- Reference upon leaving
- Daily expenses to cover lunch and travel
Start date: as soon as possible.
To apply, please complete our International Programmes Volunteer survey.