Grant Fundraising and Impact Officer
Reporting to: International Programmes and Fundraising Manager
Date: July 2017
Salary range: £18,000 - £21,000
Application closing date: Wednesday 19th July
Shortlist deadline: Friday 21st July
Interview date: Tuesday 25th July
We are a Bristol-based microfinance charity that helps entrepreneurs in the developing world work their way out of poverty. So far, we have changed almost 45,000 lives and lent over £1.2 million in 6 countries and it is just the beginning.
Deki is looking for a Grant Fundraising and Impact Officer who would be focused on three main areas: small and medium grant fundraising, corporate fundraising and impact assessment.
We are a friendly team and have a great working atmosphere. Deki is based in Stokes Croft, a vibrant part of central Bristol.
To ensure the charity meets or exceeds targets, by delivering successful grant applications, and supporting the Deki Tenner Tournament in Schools and for our corporate partners.
- Contribute to the growth of Deki through identifying trusts and foundations with potential to support the work of the charity, and by securing income by developing and submitting compelling grant applications.
- Work with our partners to secure income for core costs and lending through the Deki Tenner Tournament.
- Report on the Deki Impact through regular monthly reports lenders, donors, partners and grant funders and ensure that records are kept accurate and up to date.
Main responsibilities and functions
The post holder will work with our International Programmes and Fundraising Manager to fundraise for Deki. The post holder will be responsible for lower level grant fundraising, corporate fundraising, partnerships with schools and impact reporting.
This role will involve working closely with the International Programmes and Fundraising Manager, aiming always to ensure Deki makes progress towards its Vision.
Grant Fundraising (50%)
- With support from the International Programmes and Grants manager identify and apply for medium and low level applications to trusts and foundations.
- Support high level applications to institutional funders, trusts and foundations, as required.
- Ensure grant-management requirements are met successfully (e.g. financial and narrative reporting, project delivery, good governance, fund transfers and relevant deadlines).
Corporate Fundraising – Tenner Tournament (25%)
- Create targeted and engaging funding proposals for corporate partners.
- Management and stewardship of Tenner Tournament participants.
- Recruiting and managing Fundraising Interns.
Impact reporting (25%)
- Designing and adapting monitoring and evaluation tools, to measure the impact of our work and to support further learning and development.
- Data management & analysis. Analysing the numbers to better understand the evidence behind what we do.
- Write reports & publications. Draft documents and content that demonstrates impact to internal and external stakeholders.
- Measure and report performance of all fundraising campaigns, and assess against goals (ROI and KPIs).
- Keep up to date on best practice within the charity sector generally and particularly changes to communications innovation, legislation and codes of practice.
- Ensure Fundraising activities that you undertake follows GDPR requirements and the Fundraising Regulations.
- Reflect the vision and live the values of Deki always and especially when interacting with team members and provide them with leadership, advice and support.
- To undertake monitoring trips, conducting site assessments to international and UK based projects.
Team reporting to the International Programmes and Fundraising Manager
- Grant funders
- Corporate partner
The post holder will have experience in fundraising and ideally educated to degree level. They will be relied upon to make informed decisions and have experience in people management and team-work. They will have good inter-personal skills and can communicate at different levels of the organisation. The person may need to travel to Africa.
- Experience in fundraising or a related area.
- Experience in working on international programmes in Africa is an advantage.