Deki Graduate Internship
Are you a bright, enthusiastic and driven student or recent graduate? Are you looking to gain experience in marketing, fundraising and operations, specifically in a charity environment? If so, Deki might have the opportunity for you…
Position: Marketing and Trust and Foundations Internship at International Development Charity
Duration: 3+ months
Part-time: 2-5 days a week
Volunteer Role with expenses covered
Bristol based charity Deki is a microfinance charity that provides loans and business training to people in the developing world enabling them to work their way out of poverty through sustainable livelihoods. Individual lenders have the opportunity to lend anything from £10 directly to an entrepreneur in the developing world. 100% of all money lent goes directly to the chosen entrepreneur and lenders are paid back over the next 12 months. Even a small initial investment can help a number of people to raise themselves out of poverty.
People in developing countries often don’t have access to financial services to start their business. Yet these are honest, hard-working people motivated by the same things as most of us: they want to make something of their lives, feed their families and send their children to school.
We are looking for someone who is reliable, independent and highly motivated to help us out with Digital Marketing, Trust Fundraising and Operational responsibilities. The role will involve a variety of tasks to include help with research, funding applications, online marketing, communications work, and international operations. The role is designed to provide a rewarding opportunity for anyone who is interested in gaining valuable experience and new skills in order to get into paid charity work. The ideal candidate will be available 2-3 days a week for a minimum of 3 months; however we can be flexible with regard to hours/days worked.
- On-line research on various areas including micro-finance and international development
- Writing assignments for the website and the blog
- Contributing to social media activities
- Help with press work, proof reading and generating ideas for publicity
- Written assignments for the marketing department (press releases, web copy etc)
- Research small trusts and send out letters of interest
- Complete application process for medium size organisations with help of Fundraising Manager
- Research large trusts and discuss with the Fundraising Manager
- Conduct in depth research (primarily internet based) of potential new Field Partners in the developing world and their role with Deki
- Assist the Operations Director with the management of International Operations
- Office administration tasks where needed
- Strong writing skills and keen eye for detail
- Excellent IT and word processing skills
- Self-starter and proactive personality
- Passionate about international development and Deki’s charitable cause
- Experience of writing pieces for websites or newspapers
- Experience of working with websites and social media
- Experience of working with press and public relations
- Knowledge of micro-finance and poverty issues
- Experience of working on Trust Fundraising
- Experience of working with databases
- Strong organisational skills
What we offer
- An opportunity to be part of an exciting, fast growing charity
- Valuable professional experience and the opportunities for growth and development
- The opportunity to make yourself more desirable to future employers
- To be part of friendly team - based in Stokes Croft (near the centre of Bristol)
- Reference upon leaving
- Daily expenses to cover lunch and travel
Start date: as soon as possible.
If you wish to apply, send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com.