Digital Marketing Manager
Working alongside the Marketing Director, you will be joining a small and friendly team, located on Stokes Croft in central Bristol. The role is for someone reliable, independent, highly motivated and creative to take control of Deki’s digital marketing.
This is a very engaging and multi-faceted role, perfect for a recent graduate looking to get hands-on in all aspects of digital marketing for a charity.
What you will be doing
You will be promoting Deki’s innovative way of changing lives to internal and external audiences. Converting audiences, old and new, into life-long Deki supporters.
As our Digital Marketing Manager you will develop marketing and fundraising strategies. You will be in charge of digital campaigns, and coming up with fresh and innovative marketing ideas. The role will involve a variety of tasks to include social media, online marketing and fundraising– to grow and engage our supporters and convert them into lifetime Deki lenders and donors.
Why should you be interested?
A quote from our old Digital Marketing Manager…
“It’s been amazing to be a part of such a close-knit and supportive team at Deki, and I’ve enjoyed every second of working in such a varied role. It really is what you make of it, and being able to try out different campaign ideas and techniques that you wouldn’t normally be able to do at larger companies makes this such a great opportunity.”
- An opportunity to be part of an exciting and fast growing charity
- Ownership of projects within Deki that will change peoples’ lives
- An opportunity to learn and be creative
- Flexible working
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Real coffee croissants on Mondays, and olivey cheese sticks courtesy of Melanie the CEO
Key duties and responsibilities
- You will be responsible for the look and feel, content, accuracy and effectiveness of all day-to-day marketing, PR and fundraising activities; online channels including email, web, social, PPC and newsletters
- You will create marketing content that’s clickable and shareable
- Develop innovative digital marketing campaigns to meet a number of KPIs for brand awareness, lender engagement and retention; and to drive conversions
- To increase Deki’s repeat lending and monthly donations
- Develop monthly social media campaigns to promote Deki’s corporate partnerships
- Project manage the maintenance of Deki’s existing website
- Work with the senior team to project manage the development of Deki’s new website
- Develop a deep understanding of Deki’s supporters and target audience. Segment and test communications to increase effectiveness and relevance through A/B testing and optimise conversion rates
- Produce monthly reports on campaign effectiveness and Deki’s web/email analytics to identify areas to improve conversion rates and engagement
- Recruitment and management of marketing interns and volunteers
- Attendance at networking events and conferences to keep ahead of marketing/digital evolution
- Supporter customer service; answering queries by email and phone
- Ad hoc responsibilities
Essential skills and experience
- Marketing/Digital Marketing degree or equivalent practical experience
- Experience of working with content management systems
- Experience of working with Mailchimp or equivalent
- Knowledge of working with Google Analytics
- Knowledge of segmenting and profiling customers
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience of writing engaging and creative content for digital channels
- Strong problem solving skills and the ability to think on your feet
Desirable skills and experience
- Digital qualifications
- Knowledge of international development
Salary: £22,000 per annum.
Apply online by the 27th May. Interviews to be held on May 31st.