Deki Fellowship Programme
Volunteer Microloans Impact Assessor
Deki is a microfinance charity that enables people in the developing world to work their way out of poverty by providing small-scale microfinance loans. We provide a hand up, not a handout, to people in some of the most disadvantaged and impoverished communities in Africa.
This unique self-funded volunteering opportunity provides successful applicants with hands-on experience of working in international development in Africa. The placement will involve two days training in Bristol, followed by 4 - 6 weeks working with our field partners and entrepreneurs in Africa.
Deki Fellows work with our field partner organisations in country.
- Meeting and interviewing Deki entrepreneurs
- Collecting success stories for our website and social media
- Collecting ‘Progress out of Poverty’ (PPI) and other qualitative data from entrepreneurs to assess the impact of Deki loans
- Undertaking due diligence and financial, procedural and performance auditing of field partner processes and records
- Being an ambassador for Deki with field partners and entrepreneurs
We currently have opportunities for three Fellowship placements, in Uganda, Togo and Malawi.
Who and what are we looking for?
- Experience of volunteering/working in or with developing countries
- Professionals with at least three years’ management experience in a relevant area, preferably including some audit and accountancy functions
- A passion for international development and the opportunities provided by microfinance
- A willingness to engage openly and sensitively with different cultures
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and time management skills
- Able to deal with the unexpected in unfamiliar territory
For further information, please contact email@example.com